Friday, June 4, 2010

Carol Burnett

Well earlier i was asked who my favorite comedians where and i wanted to Explain in depth why they are my favorites so decided to talk about my absolute favorite person first. Carol Burnett. Carol is a actress, comedienne, singer, dancer and writer. She was one of the first women that had her own comedy show, it was similar to SNL, it was just a bunch of skits and singing and just good old fashioned fun! Her show "The Carol Burnett Show" started off in 1967, it won 25 Emmy awards and won or was nominated for an Emmy every season it aired.  She was one of the first women in the sixties to talk about politics the way she did and she also helped to put aside the stereotype that women served the men and in her skits she would always back talk her husband or whoever which was pretty much never seen on t.v. back then.
Here's a funny few (its hard to find to many cause they want you to buy them)


You have to remeber what time era this was too when you are watching these because the humor is alot diffrent and in my opinion better then todays humor.



Here's her last goodbye song on the finale it brings tears to my eyes.



I love her because her humor is so honest and I love her because she was a pioneer at what she did and without her there wouldn't be shows like SNL or Chelsea Lately that I love so much.(and her ear tug that she does at the end of every show for her grandmother is great)

3 comments:

  1. I love carol! She's one of those people who is so inspiring because you can tell she absolutely loves what she does. We need more funny, genuine people like her in Hollywood today! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TYLER. This is hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. Keep up the GREAT work. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it. And you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Shes really funny and i agree with you claire i think we do need this kind of humor because now our generation thinks South Park is considered Comedy which makes me extremely upset because comedy is supposed to be funny and honest not so raunchy. I think comedy is something that every genration shoutld love i think that good comedy is something that you can sit down with your family and everyone laughs and doesnt have to worry about shielding peoples eyes.

    ReplyDelete